In a wide-ranging and forthright interview with Freddie Sayers, Professor Cyrille Cohen, head of Immunology at Bar Ilan University and a member of the advisory committee for vaccines for the Israeli Government said:
– The Green Pass / vaccine passport concept was no longer relevant in the Omicron era and should be phased out (he expected it to be in short order in Israel)
– He and his colleagues were surprised and disappointed that the vaccines did not prevent transmission, as they had originally hoped.
– The biggest mistake of the pandemic in Israel was closing schools and education – he apologised for that.
– Widespread infection is now an inevitable part of future immunity — otherwise known as herd immunity.
– Omicron has accelerated the pandemic into the endemic phase, in which Covid will be “like flu”.
Listen to the podcast version: https://shows.acast.com/lockdowntv-wi…
Accompanying article here: https://unherd.com/thepost/israeli-va…